Monday, February 12, 2007

Sneaky Dude

Yesterday was a wonderful day. As I sit and look back on all the things that happened in the 24-hour period that was yesterday, I'm floored with how awesome God is. God allowed Kyle and I to run a new Sunday School setup, put on a first time youth/parent luncheon, AND start a new style of Youth Group last night. I can't believe that all that happened in one day!

But that's not all that happened in that day. You see, last night I had a run-in with my former self, a guy I never wanted to see again. And in all honesty, it shook me up bad. You know, I'm a guy who's pretty quick witted, and while that alone isn't bad, when you add that to how quick I was with my words, it gets to be a little intense. I used to get into verbal arguments just to show how quickly I could win.

After a few incidents and a big come to Jesus with how this attitude was being perceived by even my closest of friends, I realized that I was in dire need of some attitude adjustments. Through Christ, those adjustments were made, and I'm a different person today than I was then. But last night, through a vast disagreement, that man snuck up behind me and almost came out again.

I thought I'd conquered him. I thought I was done. Though I was in check, it was a painful reminder that I need to keep taking steps up the down escalator in life, or else I'll end up right where I started.

Love,

Bobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home