Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Big Meeting Tomorrow

I am sitting down for lunch tomorrow with Mike Lightfoot, head basketball coach for the Bethel College basketball team. I met Mike through his oldest son, Robbie, and I would consider him amongst my best elder friends. He's been there for me through a lot of situations and decisions, and he's counseled me as well as anyone, turning me in the Right direction time and time again.

Well, tomorrow we're not having a personal meeting. We're meeting to discuss a potential chaplain program for some of the Bethel College athletic teams. I am very excited about the prospect of setting up such a program, even though I see several things slowing it down. I know that Bethel students have three chapel services a week, and they're always in some kind of bible-based cirriculum. I know that a sport- or team-specific chapel might seem too redundant, but I hope to show how important I see it to be.

I'm not nervous going into my meeting tomorrow. I don't really have anything to lose. But I am quite excited about the possible outcome of this meeting. I'm excited to see another step in the journey of this friendship, and I'm excited to pick Mike's brain for some future use on my behalf.

I love what I do. I get paid to sit and think up ideas, then put them into action. Most of my ideas have to do with teenagers I see every week, but who says I can't try and put this one into action anyway?

Thinking with a Kingdom agenda,

Bobby

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

That is a great idea. I'm excited to see what God does with this. I hope all is going well with you. It has been too long.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home