Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This May Sound a Bit Selfish, But...Just Go With It.

I just got back from Starbuck's a little bit ago. That's right, you heard me correctly. I was actually at Starbuck's for two whole hours tonight. I'm not a big flavored coffee drinker, nor am I a huge fan of their bold blends (with one exception), so for me to spend a good two-hour span in that place is a big deal. The company I kept was a big part of my being surprisingly okay with staying. You see, it was during the course of our cups of coffee and conversation that the title of this entry was actually voiced...several times.

I've had an overwhelming feeling lately that God has been singling me out and speaking directly to me. Even when I'm in a large group, I feel like I'm being pulled aside and whispered to, having revelations about everything in my life. [Now, Enter Title Here] I feel like God's really tuned in to what's happening in MY life. It strikes me sometimes and I think, "Who am I to think that God cares specifically about me? I mean, He's got an entire Kingdom to worry about." But are my feelings of this direct and specific connection truly as selfish as they first seemed?

The truth is, God loves me for me. He loves me for who He created me to be. He had a purpose and plan in mind for me while I was still an "unformed substance." And now that I'm a "formed substance," I'm in His thoughts constantly. David compares God's thoughts of him to all the grains of sand in all the Earth. Are you kidding me? And sometimes I find it hard to muster up a minute and a half of quiet time.

As I become more introspective on what my "selfishness" is about, I realize that it all boils down to the time I've spent with Him. All these whispers and times I feel like I'm being singled out? They're just God's answer to the thoughts on my mind and heart during our intimate times together.

So hey, it really may sound a bit selfish, but I'm just gonna go with it.

Lovingly, respectfully, and thankfully,

Bobby

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

you did sound selfish, but it works for you- so I'll go with it. :) PRaying for you and the decisions you have to make. Thanks for the word of encouragement (my only complaint is not enough fff words)

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home